Green Pointe - GreenPointe/GreenTree...

Cheyenne, Wyoming 1 comment

I purchased a mobile home in 1999 from Greenpointe. My husband suffered a stroke and then developed cancer. Due to the medical bills and Greenpointe's unwillingness to be helpful we lost our home.

A judgment was placed on me and was satisfied in 2003 and now 6 years later GreenTree is trying to collect all over again.

How is this right? How can they do this and legally think they can get away with it? Do they think that because we purchased a mobile home we are ignorant to our rights?

I've gotten legal advice on this matter and just as I thought, they have no right to do this to me.

If you find yourself in a similar situation, don't just lay down and take it. Stand up for yourself and let them know that mobile home owners are not a bunch of dumb peoople.

Review about: Mobile Home Payments.

Comments

Yeah every tactic they use is illegal!!!I just went to court on the 22nd of dec and we mutually agreed with the judge that the rest of my belongings had to be out of the mobile home by jan 22nd.

To my suprise I just got back from going to get some of things and the locks had been changed.

Today in fact...I know this because of the fresh tire tracks and footprints in the snow.I dont understand how they have the right to do this and I hate that they get away with this!!

Green Pointe - They call and call and call and call!!!!!!!!!!

Hazard, Kentucky 21 comments

I bought a mobile home (brand new) in 1999. it was my first time having anything financed. everything started out fine until one of the walls started cracking.

I called greentree/conseco whatever the *** their names are and told them about the problem. they sent out a guy who did nothing.

I lost my job in 2003 and got a divorce in 2004. that is when all the phone calls started. There is one representative (*** Julie) i will never forget, she was soooo rude.

I guess they make so much money harassin the *** out of people they never get behind on bills, such a perfect life!

By the way i paid alot of money on that home and still lost it.

Review about: House Wall Cracks.

Comments

greentree just bought my loan from BoA, great no more BoA.They took loan over 11-1-11, got my first statement 11-20-11.

now that shows me a 1 payment behind and owing 1800 in escrow for a total first payment of over $3200. WTF.

:sigh thought I was getting a better company.guess I'll have to start recording my calls for my lawyer like I did when BoA lost $11000 check from me!

#302033

these people are ruthless they never stop calling even after they take their home back after repos its been 7 yrs now and they still want a payment arrangment sorry i intend to never pay these greentree servicing a penny they can just go to @4#% sorry they never stop. my advice to anyone stay away from greentree serviceing always .

i had heard the horror stories about greentree when i financed my mobile home i told company not to use greentree and was financed through someone else, within 3 mths i was told they had sold my contract to greentree.the phone calls started the next week wanting all kinds of personal info. i told them all that stuff was on the contract they bought get it off it.i got hurt at work and got a payment behind they called 4 to 6 times a day,threatened to foreclose i finally got a belly full and told them u want come get it, didnt make aother payment for 2 months finally they had a lady call me wanted to know what they could do to get me to keep house that they didnt want it.i said funny u wanted it last week,they put all payments due on back of loan ,and let me start fresh .i found out they back down when they find out they cant scare you,and you call their bluff

yep greentree harassing me too and being rude about it.and my balance barely goes down.

Had to have them re-apply all my payments as they are not following the amortization table. Only $1,000 per year gets applied to principle - the rest to interest and fees. At this rate, after 14 years, it will still take another 57 years to pay off on an orginally opened $65,000 loan. IN the loan it says the loan will be paid off if I follow the payment schedule in 30 years, and it is true on the amortization table.

But it also says any outstanding amounts is due and collectable in full on date of maturity. They just keep applying payments to interest and barly or nothing toward principle. they even hold my extra payments in escrow until the next month.

The will not put anything in writing, everything is verbal - blocked any attempt of me getting help (now that I am unemployed) or trying to rent or sell. If you ask for anything in writing they hang up on you.

In my state I have to tell them I am recording phone calls (otherwise it is illegal and I can be sued and any documentation through recording cannot be used in lawsuit if they do not agree).

As soon as I tell them - they hang up and call back on a different number.You get snippy with their attitude, they threaten to report you to authorities for harrassment but think nothing of harrassing, swearing, name calling, etc.

Greentree Finiancial has the rudest employess and called me a liar when I told them I would make my payment three days later and demanded that I pay within a few hours or else.I am one month behind and they told me I better borrow the money from friends.

When I said I could not, they told me I better talk to my friends because they are coming to get the mobile home and I will have to go live with them.He then hung up the phone on me.

THIS COMPANY IS A GENIUNE RIPOFF.RIPOFF

RIPOFF.RIPOFF.STOLE MY FATHER 86 YEARS OLD'S LAND WHICH WAS PAID IN FULL.

HIS MOBILE HOME WAS BURNED BY SOME JUVENILES, GREENTREE KEPT THE MONEY FROM THE INSURANCE AND NOW TAKING MY 86 YEAR OLD FATHERS PROPERTY WHICH WAS PAID IN FULL.

RIP OFF'S.IF THEY SELL HIS PROPERTY ON OCTOBER 21, I WILL NEVER STOP TELLING ON THE INTERNET OF THEIR ACTIONS...............

For two years I have not had a job, but I"always sent what ever we could. Reps have been calling.sometimes leaving bad messages and threats.so much that we hate taking the calls.noone wants to listen to what our situation is.yet we keep sending something.Now I am working and trying to catch up with you and everyone else. please be more patience and more understanding

Worst, rudest company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Go somewhere else, go anywhese else but don't deal with them. They are the absolute WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are being harrassed constantly and last night they told us they were sending someone to the property today.Can you believe this?

We are only about 40 days behind.

I've contacted my congressman.I don't know if it will help but maybe it will.

I am in the same boat as many of yall are.I recently got divorced, was trying to finish up with nursing school, and my pay period had changed and these people were completely upnoxious!

They call and call and call, even after you have made payment arrangements with them, they continue to call. It infuriates me that they do this at my workplace, over and over again. I have found someone there that is very cooperative and very pleasant to speak to. His name is Perry, and his phone number is 1-800-772-5361 Ext.

61134.He is very helpful and very nice, completely understanding.

Here's a good one as well.Last August we had a fire in our mobile home, cost of repair was beyond economical repair.

The insurance co sent a check for the damages, but it had to have Greentree's signature on it as well as ours. So, I was informed to have greentree sign the check FIRST, and have them send it back to us, then we would sign it and get it cashed. Sure enough, greentree cashed the check without our signatures! According to the bank that issued the check our signatures were on the check!

A copy of the check shows some scribbled, something on our signature lines but not legible. When called, greentree denied the check was even cashed! When I told them that I had a copy of the cashed check i was called some very lowlife names and hung up on.

I immediately called the bank that issued the check and told them what had happened and was told to send them (the bank) a notorized letter attesting to the forgery on the check and they would (1) reissue the check directly to us, and (2) go after greentree as they had forged some type of names onto the check in order to cash it.I told the bank to hang 'em out to dry!

Kiuruvesi, Eastern Finland, Finland #28141

They called my house and spoke with my 15 year old daughter and told her thaht if I did not call them that day she would have no where to live because they would come and take her house! Another time they called this guy named Andre spoke with her and called her a liar and said that she was her mother trying to disguise her voice!

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel #16741

WELL HERE IS A GOOD ONE, I BOUGHT MY HOUSE BACK IN 1996, I PAY OVER $ 600.OO PER MONTH WITH 12.5% INTEREST.I DID KNOW THIS GOING IN AND THAT IS OKAY, BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE PHONE CALLS AND THE CALLERS BEING RUDE.

THERE IS ONE WOMEN THAT I DEAL WITH AND ONLY ONE, SHE IS IN GEORGIA, I REFUSE TO TALK WITH ANYONE IN TEXAS. I WILL HANG UP ON THEM. I ALSO HAD A FRIEND THAT WORKED THERE AND THE PUBLIC DOES NOT KNOW THIS BUT THEY TRY AND FORCE YOU INTO A PAYMENT OR AN ARANGE MENT BECAUSE THEY GET EXTRA MONEY ON THEIR PAYCHECK FOR EVERYONE THEY GET. IT IS LIKE THE OLD SAYING.

YOU GET MORE WITH HONEY THAN YOU GET WITH VINEGAR. THE BBB AND WHO EVER ELSE THAT NEEDS TO BETTER GET AHOLD OF THIS COMPANY AND DO SOMETHING. ONE DAY THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A POSTAL PROBLEM ON THEIR HANDS. SOMEONE ONEDAY IS GOING TO SNAP.

I TREAT MY CUSTOMERS WITH RESPECT AND THEY SHOULD TO, I KNOW IN THIS DAY AND TIME THEY HAVE PROBLEMS TO.SO THEY NEED TO REMMEMBER THAT.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #10310

My mother had no choice but to abandon her mobile home after 11 years.What disgusted me, was when I found the original contract signed by her and my deceased father.....the principle had only gone down by 5,000...and they had paid more than $55,000 over the 11 years on a 37,000 mobile home and she still owed another 32,000 on it!

Ridiculous, I will NEVER buy a mobile home...horrible investment and yes, the thing starts falling apart after 10 years. Well, she has Alzheimer's and doesn't even know what's up or down anymore.

I have nothing to do with it, there are no assets or an estate.If they start bugging me, I will have my attorney boss on them so fast their head's will spin.

Gallatin, Tennessee, United States #8994

My account was with CitIFinancial, they sold it to Green Tree, I was told that I would receive a statement from Green Tree concerning my account.

Today 4/19/08 I receive a call from Green Tree telling me I was late on my April payment, for which I have never received a statement saying I owed them anything.

This company is as bad as the last companpy adding charges and not telling you what they have done. :eek

Needmore, Pennsylvania, United States #8262

There must be a way we can do something about greentree. There is no doubt that they are doing things illegally. Since 1995 I have paid $71,854 in intrest on a $45,000.00 loan and still owe $45,000.00 please help or direct us to someone who can.

Nescopeck, Pennsylvania, United States #8260

My Only question is what can we do about these mother@#%^%s. My husband has had his mortgage since 1995 and we still owe $45,854.20 and that after paying 71,865.25 in intrest. There has to be someone that can fry these people in a court of law!!!!!

Kresgeville, Pennsylvania, United States #8120

I have had my mortgage through greentree since 1998.These people do call all the time, won't bother trying to help you with arraingments, or change your due date.

We defaulted on our mortgage after I was layed off, & they went to court with out ever sending us a notice & won the default in court. I still have my house but have $25000 on my credit report that will not be removed until it is payed off in 20 years. Because of that 1 default ( i was only 1 1/2 mos behind) I can no longer refinance my house or get a loan.

They have also changed business names & owners 3 times since I got the original mortgage.:(

Willamina, Oregon, United States #7998

Well at least you've heard of them!I had no idea who they were.

My phone would ring EVERY SINGLE MORNING and I would answer to the sound of an automated voice telling me that they had some important information for me and that I had to CALL THEM BACK! Finally, today I called them back with plans to rip them a new ---hole, but that wasn't even possible because that line was automated as well!!! After hitting zero about 5 times I finally spoke to a lady in customer service who also had no idea why they were calling me. She was nice but I informed her that she was working for a crappy company.

Sales calls are horrible enough as it is.

An automated sales call makes me want to strangle the owner of that company!I'll bet you can't call him at all.

Curtice, Ohio, United States #6935

I know exactly how you feel if I had't changed mu phone# they would be calling 24-7. I also had my paydays switched to every other week and they would not work with me on a payment arangement either so I say YOU GET IT WHEN YOU GET IT! Really pissed off in north carolina.

Claremont, North Carolina, United States #5906

Good Luck!I have had my mortgage with Green Tree since 1999.

I never made a late payment in 8 years. About a year ago, my pay days changed. My payment is due on the 11th of the month. I have been paying it around the 20-24th of the month.

I have never gone more than 2 weeks past the due date, however, I get constant phone calls, sometimes as many as 6 calls a day, from Green Tree reps from the 18th of the month until the payment gets to them by the 2oth - 24th of the same month the payment is due! What the heck?? I have explained to them that my pay day is every two weeks and they will get their payment no more than 2 weeks past due.

I have asked them to move my due date to the 24th of the month and then every single payment would be on time and they say no.It seems these people are not even willing to help you in order to make theirs and our lives better.

View more comments